6.25.2010

High Line expansion!


So I've never been to New York, and I REALLY want to go. Sidenote: I might end up going in August avec mon bro-bro, which would be the. coolest. thing. ever.

But when I finally make my way to the Big Apple, I need to see something called The High Line. The video below provides a good visualization.


The High Line is an elevated park in the Upper West Side's Meatpacking District. An old elevated railway was about to be torn down, but a group of architects, planners and community activists, fought to save it to turn it into a park.

They won the battle and turned the old railway into an elevated park; a natural oasis in an urban jungle.

The High Line has been championed as a hallmark of intelligent, forward urbanism. In fact, the idea has been floating around to try the same thing with Toronto's Gardiner Expressway.

Anyway, theyre expanding the High Line, which are what the pictures above are about. It looks so cool, such progressive architecture and design.

I cant wait to see it in real life. More info on the expansion here.

No comments: